Moving plans are trucking along. I have juuust barely started packing and I’ve gotten rid of some things I don’t want to move. But mostly I’ve daydreamed about what to do in my new space.
I mean, moving is a drag, right? It’s a big pain and expensive and stressful. But decorating is fun, and so is a new apartment. I have thought of some very specific things I’d like and also some big ideas I haven’t worked out yet. Everything on my list changes on almost a daily basis, and ultimately I’ll likely need to live there a bit before I figure it all out.
- Mismatched plates/dishes, likely from thrift stores. I will hopefully be having a lot more people over for dinners since I’ll have more space. But nice plates are expensive! I’d like to try to mix and match with what I can find.
- Peg boards. Everywhere.
- A shelf to display my favorite coffee cups. probably like a shadow box-type thing, painted black so they will pop. This is something I made up and would like to find or make. But we’ll see how it pans out.
- Shower hooks or S hooks on either hangers or rods to hang scarves and purses.
- How fun does this plastidip look?! But I don’t know what I’d use it on yet
- I can’t let go of the idea of brightly colored beautiful velvet.
I have thought a lot about an entryway and haven’t decided on anything except I think a coat rack and umbrella stand sound fun. I also would love to have space for a table for my sewing machine and any projects I’m working on in addition to a desk just for work. I’m pretty sure I’m letting my daydreams get away with me–but that’s ok for now!
You can keep up with my daydreams on Pinterest.